Saturday 25 February 2012

First Tea Review: Cinnamon Heart


Picture from DAVIDsTEA

Pu’erh Tea:    Cinnamon Heart
Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, Chinese black tea, cloves, Sri Lankan Cinnamon, cloves, orange peel, natural flavourings




    I’m a huge fan of those cinnamon hearts, the ones that you can only find in mass amounts during Valentines day. Although there’s only so many of those I can eat before my mouth is on fire and I can feel the lump of sugary edible wax settling in my stomach as I roll over and go “why… why did I eat so many?!”.
This isn’t the case with the Cinnamon Heart tea. It’s definitely a tea I could drink over and over again, it’s going up there as a tea to be bought again.
I always start off drinking my tea straight- and then add things to it if it needs it. So this one to start off with had a subtle bitterness from the pu’erh and black tea with a great cinnamon and spice after kick.
I confess though, I’m a sugar fiend, I like it sweet. So when I added a little bit of sugar, it hid the bitterness and softened the spice.
This tea is also stated to be of medium caffeine content- which is perfect in conjunction with the spice to have as an early morning tea to wake you up, or a pick me up in the middle of a long afternoon.
If you ever get the chance, try this one if you’re a fan of cinnamon heart candies (it seriously tastes like them)!
Overall: 5/5 Steaming HOT Cups of Tea.
I Definitely Will drink it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Labs