Thursday 1 March 2012

Tea Review: Rooibos: Crème Brûlée - Organic

From DAVIDsTEA

Rooibos Tea: Crème Brûlée - Organic





   


   Ingredients: Organic Green and Red Rooibos, Safflowers, Calendula Marigold, Natural and    Artificial Flavourings


   I’d never had Rooibos tea before this, and I figured I’d start with the Crème Brûlée Rooibos tea. Considering that this was named after a dessert, I thought it best to have it after dinner. When I started brewing it, it gave off a noticeable sweet aroma. When I drank it plain I found that it had a rich sweetness to it like caramel, and I was surprised to find that it was very smooth and creamy, it tasted exactly like your basic Crème Brûlée. My boyfriend usually takes sips of the tea’s I’m trying, and he was amazed that tea by itself could be so creamy. Sugar content-wise it was perfect by itself, but to me it just didn’t feel complete until I added some milk.
   Since this is considered an herbal tea, there is no caffeine in it which makes it great for curling up with a mug and a book to relax before bed.


Overall: 4/5 Hot Cups of Tea. 
To me it’s a sometimes tea, I’d probably keep a small amount on hand and drink it when I’m really craving something sweet and calming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background Labs