Wednesday 6 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5): Black City

Waiting on Wednesday (5): Black City
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine to highlight upcoming eagerly anticipated book releases
So this week's eagerly anticipated pick is:
Black City by Elizabeth Richards
Expected publication date: November 13, 2012
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons 
From Goodreads:
A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war. In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable-- they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash's long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught, they'll be executed -- but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.
Firstly.....I LOVE THIS COVER, so so much! Secondly, this whole premise sounds like Romeo and Juliet - post apocalypse style...with perhaps zombie like creatures (his heart was dormant) ... So I'm super excited to see what this one's going to be like! 
What's your WoW this week?? Leave a link in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out!   

9 comments:

  1. Ooo, this one does look good. And I love that cover! Wow!

    My WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really interesting story. Anything that is post apocalyptic zombieish has to be good!

    My WOW:

    http://infinitebookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-7-for-darkness.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing! You can read an excerpt here.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick! This is a book that I'm definitely looking forward to reading as well! It sounds amazing!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds so cool! Forbidden love YES! LOL Plus the whole darkling race thing sounds really neat. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my My WoW I love your blog and pick this week. This book is so on my radar! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick. I can't wait to read Black City. I love the symbolism of the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a very interesting book. I've been reading more post-apocalyptic books recently and will definitely be checking this out. I love the gorgeous cover!

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been dying to read this book. It sounds so awesome and I love that the cover is different and still gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Background Labs