Thursday 12 July 2012

Tea Time Thursday: Flavoured Green Tea: North African Mint - Organic



DAVIDsTEA
Flavoured Green Tea: North African Mint - Organic

Ingredients: Organic: cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

Mint tea has to be my absolute favorite kind of tea. It’s so versatile in that it can be enjoyed hot, or iced, sweet or plain, or with a little bit of cream. But what I was really craving this week was menthol for my throat, but also something that would cool me in this insane heat wave that we’ve been having (it’s been 33-43C or 91-109F) for the past week with no A/C.

So North African Mint to the rescue! The green tea provided a nice floral tea base. But the peppermint made it crisp, refreshing, soothing and it also has a nice bite of spice to it from the ginger, cloves and pepper. It was perfect sweetened with just a touch of honey, and I could leave it until it cooled and still enjoy it. This was definitely my life saving tea of the week!


Overall: 5/5 Steaming HOT Cups of Tea! It’s green tea and mint, it’s simple and to the point and it was what I was expecting, I can’t really complain about it. 

1 comment:

  1. Mint tea is definitely versatile. This one sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Background Labs